Ruthanar is an enigma wrapped in a mystery, wrapped in a burrito (I can make fun of him, he’s mine!). A warrior of the lands south and east of Eriador, he physically has the look of some of the shadowy men called Rangers, but he seems to hew to no particular band or code. His armor has the look of a kit gained over time, a little bit here, a little bit there.
Ruthanar is dressed primarily in items bought from the LOTRO Store (What, you use your TP for stat tomes and slayer deed accelerators? Huh.) and dyed olive, with additional pieces dyed red and umber. Mad props to my fantastic friend Amimain, on whose (since re-rolled) character Jonathen I first saw the Hauberk of Rhûn/Traveler’s Hood combination.
- Head: Traveler’s Hood (LOTRO Store purchase, dyed olive)
- Shoulders: Steel Shoulder Guards (Craftable, dyed red)
- Back: Sage’s Pack (LOTRO Store purchase)
- Chest: Hauberk of Rhûn (LOTRO Store purchase, dyed olive)
- Hands: Dwarf-make Bronze Gloves (Craftable, dyed umber)
- Legs: None! (saucy!)
- Feet: Gwern-lhopan (Isengard instances drop, but commonly found in the AH, dyed umber)