I’ve always liked the Chetwood. From The Fellowship of the Ring:
“However, in the meantime, walking was not unpleasant. Indeed, if it had not been for the disturbing events of the night before, they would have enjoyed this part of the journey better than any up to that time. The sun was shining, clear but not hot. The woods in the valley were still leafy and full of colour, and seemed peaceful and wholesome. Strider guided them confidently among the many crossing paths, although left to themselves, they would soon have been at a loss. He was taking a wandering course with many turns and doublings, to put off any pursuit.”
LOTRO’s Chetwood is a far more fearsome place, but the trees themselves seem calm and untroubled. The wood-warden is a Breeish man, a simple man who has taken on a simple, if perilous duty: to patrol the Chetwood by night, given talk of great spiders and thieving Men hiding there. He bears simple arms; his armour is the color of woods and loamy earth, especially appropriate in the verdant time where spring turns to summer.
Also, I really really wanted to show off the Rift chestpiece, the Ceremonial Shadow-Stalker Jacket, but not in its lovely armour set.
One of the most interesting aspects of this chiestpiece is the blue-and-yellow diamond detail near the waistline. I can only assume this means Brannick here is wearing blue-and-yellow gingham boxers.
From spiders to brigands to dogs trained to be bad, the Chetwood is full of many dangers. And level 8s.
The warden earns the adoration of every one of those level 8s when he saves their Undying from a level 15 warg. (also: 15 now? Wasn’t he 20 before? Kids today. *shakes walker*)
In the morning, with the Chetwood secured, our warden finally seeks his bed.
Or he would, if his blogger didn’t keep taking stupid screenshots of him. As an aside, /crazy fills me with glee.
- Head: Traveller’s Hood (LOTRO Store purchase, dyed umber)
- Shoulders: Dwarf Leather Shoulder Guards of Determination (Random drop, level 28, dyed umber)
- Back: Warden’s Pack (Available at outfitters throughout the world)
- Chest: Ceremonial Shadow-stalker Jacket (Skirmish outfitter barter reward. Also, I hear there’s this raid. Dyed Rivendell green)
- Hands: Dunland Beserker’s Rusted Gauntlets (Dunland random drop, dyed Rivendell green)
- Legs: Westernesse Leather Leggings of Might (Random drop, dyed Rivendell green)
- Feet: Scout’s Weathered Leather Boots (Dunland quest reward, dyed umber)